(Chelsea Update would like to thank Shawn Personke for the information in this story.)
The 9th annual Harvest Art Market will be held on Saturday, Oct. 8, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at Silver Maples of Chelsea, 100 Silver Maples Dr.
It’s a free art fair and open to the public.
“The Harvest Art Market has grown and evolved over the past eight years,” Shawn Personke, director of wellness and public relations for Silver Maples said. “But we’ve stayed true to our original thought that we wanted the show to offer really interesting items, handmade, and fair prices. So that’s the kind of artist we welcome and who finds the most success.”
“There’s such a diverse collection of wares,” she said. “Some are funky, some are beautiful, some very cool, some delicious, some traditional….but all created by fabulous artists and craftsmen.”
This year’s event is held the same day as the Smoke and Ale Fall Fest, so visitors to Chelsea can take advantage of both events.
“It’s a two-fer,” said Personke.
In addition, St. Louis Center will hold a fundraiser Taste of Chelsea at St. Mary Church.
This year’s show features five new artists, including the beautiful “watercolour porcelain” by Jill Santa Rossi, Jean Wolter’s amazing felted wool and fiber art, and mosaic stained glass mirrors by Jane McCormick.
“We’re always glad to have new artists, but were also excited to see are returning artist who are very popular with customers,” said Personke.
“Josephine Page is back with her whimsical pet brooches, Bittersweet Farm Antiques features a lot of really cool repurposed and vintage work, and Chery Green’s beautiful functional pottery booth is always crowded,” she added.
Some of the artists include:
- Potter Cheryl Green
- Primitive Painter Sandra Somers
- Jewelers Beckie Ballard and Cherie Holodnick
- Marilyn Grinnell’s Scarves by Mac
- Lakeside Glass Studio
- Birdtree Photography
- Drawings and Jewelry By Robin Denny and Caleb Spence
- Bittersweet Farm Folk Art and Primitives
- Jean Wolter’s Knits and Glitz
- Water Colour Porcelain Ceramics
- Holiday Treats, Gift Baskets, and Candies
- Fiber Artist Connie Williams
- Naturalist and Painter Susan Falcone
- Bill’s Birdhouses and More
- Woodworker Joe Eisley
- Painter Tammy Burke
- Fiber Jeweler Josephine Page
- Miss KooRoo’s Bead Designs
- Hoola Jewelry
- Becky House’s All Things Bright and Beautiful
- Joyce Nass’ Hand Crafted Paper and Fabric
- Michigan Impressionist Sue Craig
- Mosaics and Wood by Jane and John McCormick