Flavored butter, strawberries (maybe, just maybe, cherries), a new type of coffee and organically grown peas are just a few of the things you’ll find Saturday, June 22 at the Saturday Chelsea Farmers’ Market that opens at 8 a.m. and runs until noon in the library parking lot on Park Street.
Plus, Saturday’s musical entertainment will be Music by Bliss beginning at 10 a.m.
In addition, both the Wednesday Bushel Basket Market and the Saturday downtown Farmers’ Markets launched a new website this week designed by Chelsea’s own Leslie Surel of Surelutions.
Here are just a few of the highlighted vendor offerings this week:
* Kapnick Orchards will have strawberries and cherries are expected to be in next week.
* New daily vendor Dancy’s Fancy Butter will have flavored butter, including a Sweet Pack which includes three petals each of brown sugar & cinnamon and honey & cinnamon butters. They also offer a Savory Pack which includes two petals each of the herb, garlic, and lemon pepper butters. (Publisher’s note: This vendor was there last week and I missed checking out the offerings. Looking forward to it this week)
* fresh, locally roasted coffee, is offering a new Costa Rican coffee! A smooth, bolder mouthful, with a clean finish. (Roaster John is getting married June 29, so this is the last week in June you can pick up coffee at the market.)
* La Baguette‘s new ‘Boule’ is quickly becoming a favorite and has been selling out before 11 a.m. so get there early to purchase it.
* Tantre Farm will have greens, plus new this week will be organically grown squash, strawberries and peas this week.
In addition, the market is looking for volunteers. Please stop by and see Market Manager Ashley Miller Helmbolt or email her at [email protected]
* Back Forty Acres – Meats/poultry/eggs, all raised naturally
* Beverly’s Crafts and More – Pillows, baked goods, body cream, soap, granola
* Chandra June – Jewelry and garden art
* Frog Hollar Farms – Produce, home-baked breads and cakes, crafts, cut flowers, and more
* fresh – Locally roasted coffee beans
* Greystone Farm & Creamery – Cream cheeses, Camembert style cheeses, feta, and gouda, and manchego style cheeses from the sheep’s milk.
* H & H Sugarbush – Maple syrup, maple cream, maple candy, maple nuts, popcorn
* Heim Gardens – Perennials, annuals, hanging baskets, planters, produce (vegetables, raspberries, strawberries)
* Janet’s LLC – Herbs and spices, blends and grilling rubs, flavored nuts, chocolate, jams, dolls and greeting cards
* Kapnick Orchard – Fresh fruits, from strawberries and raspberries to apples and cherries. (depending on the season)
* La Baguette – French breads and baked goods
* Mama Mofoods – 17 varieties of hummus, 8 varieties of seitan and pesto
* Merkel Gardens & Greenhouses – Hanging baskets, flats and produce
* Myer’s Blackberry Farm – blackberries, raspberries, jams and vegetables
* Ruhlig’s Produce – Wide variety of vegetables and cut flowers
* Stone Hearth Breads and Bakery – Artisan breads, bagels, favo, pepperoni rolls, cookies
* Tantre Farm – Organic vegetables and cut flowers
* Tasty Bakery – Gluten-free baked goods
* Zatkovich Pastures – Grass fed beef, eggs, poultry
* Anna’s Handmade and Homegrown
* Aunt Rena’s Bakery – low-sugar cobblers and pies
* Country Hills Pottery – pottery
* Honey Bee Happy Products – Soaps
* Hollow Hill Farm – Asparagus, maple syrup, eggs, herbs and honey