(Chelsea Update would like to thank Harold Muir for the information in this story.)
Chelsea Adult Learners Institute will host a fall kick-off at Silver Maples of Chelsea, on Tuesday, Aug. 13 from 10 a.m.-noon.
Refreshments will be served, and there will be brief presentations by some of the instructors who will teach the fall classes.
Below are the classes offered this semester.
- ABOLITIONISM AND THE UNDERGROUND RAILROAD IN SOUTHEASTERN MICHIGAN – Carol Mull
- APRON STINGS: FASHION AND FUNCTION THROUGHOUT HISTORY – Erin Brayton
- THE BIG BANDS – Hank Muir
- DOWNTOWN ANN ARBOR AND THE OLD WEST SIDE – Grace Shackman
- FROM MASS INCARCERATION TO RESTORATIVE JUSTICE – Kathy Gourlay and Carolyn Madden
- GENEOLOGY – FROM GETTING STARTED TO BREAKING DOWN BRICK WALLS – Bill O’Reilly
- GENES, DNA AND ANCESTRY – Charlie Taylor
- GUARDIANS OF DETROIT – Jeff Morrison
- HISTORICAL STORIES – MUSIC OF THE CIVIL WAR & PARIS EXPOSITION OF 1900 – John Hauger
- A HISTORY OF WORLD WAR I: ONE CHELSEA SOLDIER’S WAR TO END ALL WARS – Cynthia Furlong Reynolds
- HOW HUMAN STORIES SHAPE OUR LIVES – Barbara Zikmund
- ISRAEL EXPERIENCES – Judy Miller
- MINDFULNESS, MEDITATION and MOVEMENT – Karla Groesbeck
- OCEANS – OUR PLANET’S MARINE ISSUES – Cheryl Wells
- THE RENAISSANCE: ART, ARCHITECTURE AND HUMANISM AT THE DAWN OF THE MODERN AGE – Edwin Hoffman
- RUSSIA (TRAVELOGUE) – Rhoda Perkins-Boyer
- SAUCES HISTORY – Tom Zigman
- SECRET GARDENS – David Mastie
- SPIDERS AND THEIR KIN – Cara Shillington
- THE STORY OF ANTISEMITISM – Ken Phifer
- THE STORY WITHIN YOU – Doris Lemcke
- STRESS, SLEEP, DEPRESSION & AGING – Dr. John Greden
If you would like a catalog with a description of these classes, the dates and times they are offered, and registration forms, call 734-292-5540, and leave a message with your name and address.