Both the Beach Middle School girls and boys tracks teams competed Monday in a double meet.
The girls split, defeating Adrian 70-67 and losing to Lincoln 66-70, while the boys finished the night with two victories, downing Adrian 91-46 and Lincoln 65-63.
Placing first for the girls’ team were Jesse Jacobusse in the 2 mile, Ellie Doman in the 1 mile, Sydney Matusik in the 400, Sydney Bailey in pole vault, Nicole Bareis in long jump, Autumn Johnson in shot put and the 2 mile and 400 relay teams.
For the boys team, the field events made the difference in both meets.
Top performers were:
- Joey Mangner in the Long Jump and the 70-meter dash
- Isaac Smedshammer in the long jump and 100-meter dash
- Chris Roush in the long jump and the 800 meters
- Joe Wise in the long jump, 55-meter hurdles, and 200-meter hurdles
- Mike Barnes in the shot put and 100-meter dash
- Preston Ewald in the shot put
- Jordan Smith in the long jump and pole vault
- Josh Kowalski, Jack Pedlow and Ethan Howell in the 3,200
- Zach Lee in the 55-meter hurdles
- Callum Krause in the 800 meters
- Liam Heaney and Ben Ingall in the 1,600 meters
- Zach Lee and Ananth Ghosh in the 400 meters
- Chase Friday and Brendan Doyle in the 200-meter dash.