Were you lucky enough to get roses for Valentine’s Day?
If so, here are tips to keep them looking lovely for up to 7-10 days.
Gigi Batsakis of Gigi’s Flowers and Gifts recommends:
1. Cut the stems on an angle.
2. Place them in room temperature water.
3. Read the instructions on the packet of food that came with them.
4. Add the recommended amount on the label.
5. Every two days, dump out the water and repeat the instructions above.
The bacteria that grows in the water will cause the flowers to wilt, she says.