(Chelsea Update would like to thank Eric Swager for the information in this story.)
The Chelsea boys track and field team had a very successful meet at the Larry Steeb Meet of Champions on a nice warm Tuesday as the athletes wrapped up the pre-state meet season.
“We were able to focus on one or two events and really try to set personal records,” said coach Eric Swager. “As a result, we earned a slew of medals (top 6 places).”
- Carson Rabbit set a big PR in the 800, and ran 156.66, which is 6th all-time in Chelsea history.
- Josiah Fitch added another 3 feet to his best shot put by winning that event.
- Ryan Scott showed why he is one of the top freshman throwers in the state, placing in both of those events.
- All of our DMR guys, as well as Will Scott and Foster Thorburn ran at or near lifetime bests.
- Ross Stofflett earned 2 medals – capping a very successful first season for him.
“We now prepare for the state finals on Saturday in Zeeland,” Swager said, again thanking all the coaches and parents for their continued support.Steeb 2019 - Sheet1 (1)