Chelsea Community Hospital raised almost $87,000 at its 23rd annual Golf Classic held at the Polo Fields Country Club and Golf Course in Ann Arbor on Aug. 13, and about 144 golfers participated.
As part of the hospital’s long-term goal to build a comprehensive Cancer Center, proceeds from this event will help fund the purchase of a linear accelerator, which will provide radiation therapy for cancer patients at Chelsea Community Hospital.
Golfers enjoyed 18 holes in a beautiful country club setting, as well as cocktails, dinner, and an awards presentation after the scramble.
“CCH proudly welcomed Lila Lazarus, health reporter and TV personality, as the event’s celebrity MC and guest player,” according to the press release from the hospital.
“We are so grateful to our golfers, donors, and sponsors, who made this event a tremendous success,” said Judy Stratman, director of marketing and development at CCH in the release.
“It was great to see so many people laughing and enjoying their time on the course while supporting our hospital,” she said. “This event is the perfect combination of great golf, wonderful company, and a cause that is close to the hearts of our community.”
The event’s Eagle Sponsors were:
- The Christman Company/AIM Construction, Inc.
- IBEW/NECA Local 252
The event’s Birdie Sponsors were:
- A. Z. SHMINA, INC.
- Acoustic Ceiling & Partition Company
- AIM Construction, Inc.
- Albert Kahn Family of Companies
- Anesthesia Associates of Ann Arbor, PLLC
- Carole E. Holmes
- CCH Medical Staff
- The Coghlan Family
- Cummins Bridgeway
- Emergency Physicians Medical Group, P.C.
- Huron Valley Ambulance
- Huron Valley Electric – Tom Kittel
- Huron Valley Radiology, P.C.
- “JIFFY” mixes
- John Darr Mechanical, Inc.
- John E. Green Co.
- Johnson Controls, Inc. – Building Efficiency Group
- Kitch Drutchas Wagner Valitutti & Sherbrook
- Lumbermen’s Inc.
- Mercy Cancer Network
- Power Wellness Management, LLC
- Kathleen Raymond In Honor of CCH X-Ray/Imaging Staff
- St. Joseph Mercy Hospital – Dept. of Internal Medicine
- Soil and Materials Engineers, Inc.
- Tri-County Electric
- Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters
A complete list of event sponsors can be found here. Golf Sponsors 2012
Mark your calendars for next year’s Golf Classic, which is scheduled for Monday, Aug. 12, 2013 at The Polo Fields Golf and Country Club.
For more information, please contact Pamela Parkinson at 734-593-5377 or email [email protected]