(Chelsea Update would like to thank D & B Strategic Marketing for the information in this story.)
GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement, which inspires people to give back to their communities on Dec. 1.
Chelsea Education Foundation (CEF) is leveraging this opportunity to raise the funds needed to support CEF Teacher Grants for the 2020-2021 school year.
CEF’s mission is to enhance the Chelsea School District’s educational experiences by financing projects beyond the resources of the district and by providing scholarships to district graduates.
“We are here as a support system to help Chelsea School District students and staff reach their fullest potential,” said CEF President Lynn Fox. “CEF serves as a link between school, businesses and our community to help strengthen Chelsea’s future.”
With the help of generous donors, CEF is able to provide funding for a wide spectrum of educational activities to benefit the students and the staff of the Chelsea School District. Contributions to CEF are given back to the school district through innovative grants for students, teachers and administrators, and as scholarships to CHS graduates.
“In order to provide extra support to address the increased needs our schools are currently facing, we added 2 new grant cycles this year. Through the Giving Tuesday campaign, we are hoping to raise enough to help us fund additional grants in all 3 cycles,” said Fox.
During the first grant cycle CEF Awarded $10,000 in Teacher Grants to the following programs:
● Strength, Speed and Conditioning | Beach Middle School
● Classroom Library Extension | South Meadows Elementary
● Level M and Lower Books | South Meadows Elementary
● 5th Grade Ukulele Project | South Meadows Elementary
● Art Supply Kits | South Meadows and North Creek Elementaries
● Classroom Leveled Books | North Creek Elementary
● Magnetic Letters | North Creek Elementary
The Power of Giving
- 45,000+ students have been impacted by CEF efforts and activities in the schools.
- 600+ CEF Grants have provided funding for programs ranging from art installations, to field trips, to classroom books.
- 900+ Scholarships have been awarded to students with outstanding character, service and academics.
Those who are interested in joining Chelsea Education Foundations’ GivingTuesday initiative can visit https://www.chelseaeducationfoundation.org Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/chelseaeducationfoundation) or follow @ChelseaEducationFoundation in Instagram and @ChelseaEducFndn on Twitter.
GivingTuesday was launched in 2012 as a simple idea: to create a day that encourages people to do good. Over the years, this idea has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
About Chelsea Education Foundation
Chelsea Education Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)3. Organized in 1990, the mission of CEF is to enhance the Chelsea School District’s educational experiences by financing projects beyond the resources of the district and by providing scholarships to district graduates.
Since its inception over 45,000 students have received benefits from the foundation, 600 grant programs have been funded ranging from art installations to robotics programs, and over 900 scholarships have been awarded to students with outstanding achievement.