The Michigan Department of Natural Resources DNR has been forced to close some state parks because people are not following the rules.
Please don’t be one of those people.
Anyone planning to visit any state-managed land is first encouraged to visit the DNR COVID-19 response page for updates on facility closures, changes in services and event/meeting cancellations.
Follow www.Michigan.gov/DNRClosures for the latest information.
Please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Go out only if you’re feeling healthy.
- Long-distance travel is discouraged unless it is essential.
- Individuals must maintain a minimum of 6 feet between themselves and people of other households. Anyone not following the social-distancing requirement may face misdemeanor violation/arrest penalties, including up to 90 days in jail and/or a fine up to $500.
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If those aren’t available, use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- When driving, keep windows slightly open to provide air flow. Do not drive with people who don’t live in your household.
- If the parking is full when attempting to visit a park, recreation area, boating access site or trailhead, leave and choose a different location.
Information around this outbreak is changing rapidly. The latest information is available at www.Michigan.gov/Coronavirus