(Chelsea Update would like to thank D&B Strategic Marketing for the information in this story.)
On Friday, Aug. 30 the Chelsea Bulldogs will be invading Dexter to take on the Dreadnaughts in the opening game of the high school football season.
And though these two schools may be rivals on the gridiron, Chelsea Education Foundation and The Educational Foundation of Dexter are joining forces off the field to raise money for teacher grants and student scholarship programs in both communities.
Both foundations will be fundraising in the weeks leading up to the game through a text-to-donate campaign. Community partners, Chelsea State Bank and Lynn Fox Properties, LLC will each match the first $1,000 in donations.
There will be a push to donate at the game with giveaways to show your school spirit.
HOW TO DONATE:
By Smart Phone: Text the code BULLDOGS or DREADS to 44-321 to receive a link to the Foundations’ fundraising page instantly. Message and data rates may apply.
In-Person: Cash and Checks will be accepted at the Aug. 30 Football game.
During the game, show your donation receipt at the foundation booths, located near the Al Ritt Stadium entrance, to claim your spirit swag:
- Donations greater than $10 receive “Rivalry Match” stickers
- Donations greater than $20 receive pom poms
- Donations greater than $50 receive a mini football
- Donations greater than $100 receive name recognition at the game
- Donations greater than $250 receive name recognition at the game and in a Thank You ad in the Sun Times News.