During Chelsea’s Hometown Holiday festivities, Chelsea First United Methodist Church will host the 3rd annual Children’s Christmas Bazaar, on Dec. 1 from 10 a.m.-3 p.m., a fun shopping experience for children preK-5th grade.
The childrens’ bazaar is planned to provide a fun shopping experience for children, benefit local artisans, and help children understand that meaningful gifts don’t need to cost a lot of money.
All items for sale are handmade or locally made, and each costs $5 or less.
About 100 adult and youth volunteers are needed to setup and run the bazaar, and we would love your help, said Allison Vanderspool.
Adults and youth (6th grade and up) are invited to sign up to volunteer for one or more shifts. You can sign up to work with friends, family, members of your scout group, club, sports team, etc.
“It’s really a lot of fun,” she said, adding, “We especially need youth to serve as “Shopping Buddies” for the younger children.
Please sign up here. If you invite friends to volunteer with you, please forward them the link so they can sign up and receive instructions and reminders about the event.
The church is located at 128 Park St.
“The bazaar is not a fundraiser. Local artisans benefit from the sale of their goods and many people from our community donate their time and talents throughout the year to create items. Net proceeds provide scholarship shopping opportunities for children served by Faith In Action.
Here’s where youth can volunteer:
- Shopping Buddies – 3 shifts available (18 youth/shift) to help children shop, wrap and pay for gifts.
- Wrapping Helpers – assist children and shopping buddies with wrapping all of the purchased gifts.
- Craft Table Helpers – assist children with crafts while they wait for their shopping time.
Here’s where adults can volunteer:
- Pre-setup – display gifts (Mon-Fri, time TBD)
- Final setup – Saturday morning
- Shopping Buddy Trainer – train youth and adult shopping buddies then assist in shopping area as needed
- Shopping Buddies – help children shop, wrap and pay for gifts
- Wrapping Helpers
- Lobby Greeters
- Check in/envelopes – assist parents in completing shopping envelopes and pairing children with shopping buddies
- Hostess/coffee – Maintain coffee/hot chocolate cart and assist with craft table and/or envelop check in
- Craft Table Helpers
- Clean up helpers
Please contact Allison Vanderspool at [email protected] or 475-8119 if you have any questions, or if you need help signing up to volunteer.
Everyone who signs up will receive additional information and instructions about the event.