(Chelsea Update would like to thank Lori Coryell for the information in this story.)
Dig that library card out of your wallet or purse and get ready to come back to the library.
Chelsea District Library (CDL) will reopen for browsing and computer use on Monday, June 21 at 10 a.m. Health and safety requirements from the State of Michigan are changing rapidly—please stay tuned for updates in the library, via social media, and weekly eNewsletters.
What can you expect when you return to CDL?
- Our summer hours will be Mondays–Fridays 10 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturdays 10 a.m.–3 p.m., and closed on Sundays.
- The CDL shelves are ready and available for unlimited browsing.
- Public computers and printing will be available upstairs.
- The CDL Garage is open and waiting for you to Create, Design, and Learn all summer long.
- Friends Used Book Sales will begin Saturday, June 26 from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Book donations will resume Monday, June 28.
- Magazine Exchange will resume on Monday, June 28.
- Study rooms and meeting rooms will be available to reserve with reduced capacities.
- The youth area will be open for browsing, but KidSpot, toys, and puzzles will not be available.
According to the latest MDHHS order, masks while indoors are still required for those who are not fully vaccinated, including children ages 2–11. Some people may choose to wear masks even though they are not required for them. Courteous behavior regarding masking decisions is expected.
Not ready for in-person browsing yet? Or, are you feeling unwell? Please call the library at 734-475-8732 x200 and we can place library materials into an overnight locker or make other arrangements for material pickup.
We sincerely look forward to seeing our community in person again and appreciate your patience as our staff navigate ever-changing health and safety guidance. If you applied for a library card online during the building closure, please come in and one of our friendly circulation staff members can help you finalize the paperwork and introduce you to library perks that come with being a CDL cardholder.