By Lisa Carolin
A $678,156 budget was unanimously approved by the Lima Township Board at its March 11 meeting.
Following a public hearing, the board unanimously approved resolutions that give the supervisor, clerk, treasurer, trustees, as well as hourly and appointed staff 2-percent salary increases for 2019-2020.
Lima Township Supervisor Craig Maier said that the township has “a substantial amount of funds budgeted for the new town hall building.” There is $75,200 reserved for the new building in the 2019-2020 budget.
Included in the budget is $230,000 for roads, streets, and bridges repairs and maintenance.
Proposed 2019 local road projects for Lima Township include shaping the existing surface and the application of 5” of 23a limestone with associated dust and project restoration in the following places:
- Gross Road
- Steinbach Road to Parker Road
- Steinbach Road, Gross Road to Trinkle Road
- Steinbach Road, Trinkle Road to Dexter-Chelsea Road
- Trinkle Road, Parker Road to Steinbach Road
- Trinkle Road, Steinbach Road to Dancer Road
- Trinkle Road, Dancer Road to Lima Center Road
- Trinkle Road, Lima Center Road to Fletcher Road
In addition, township wide drainage improvements are proposed that would include roadside berm removal and ditching on various local roads to be determined.