By Lisa Carolin
The Wednesday Farmers Market will have a huge variety of plants and herbs this week.
There are more than a dozen vendors, and one of the new ones this season is called Apothekitchen, and it’s described as, “amazing super food products that are sourced from the highest quality ingredients.”
Luke Siemz, the owner of Apothekitchen, is a student at the University of Michigan studying holistic medicine and acupuncture.
“I sell super foods made with organic and whole food ingredients,” said Siemz. “My products are gluten free, sugar free, and non GMO.”
You can find seasoning blends, drink mixes, banana bread, nutritional supplements and more at Apothekitchen.
The Wednesday market runs from 2-6 p.m. and is located at the Chelsea State Bank parking lot at the intersection of M-52 and Old US-12.
These are the Wednesday vendors, though not every vendor is guaranteed to be there.
- LUTCHKA ANGUS: seasonal veggies
- JACOBS FRESH FARM SHARES: honey and eggs; seasonal veggies
- KAPNICK ORCHARDS: apples, asparagus, rhubarb, nut butter, sweet breads and more
- GOLDEN FLEECE FARMS: sustainably raised beef, lamb, chicken, eggs and goat
- VOGUE BOOGE: soy-based candle company with a variety of scents and sizes
- BORDINE FARMS: dahlia tubers and plants
- K’S ACRES: seasonal fruit and veggies
- PREGITZER FARM: seasonal veggies, starts and more
- NEEDLE LANE FARM: seasonal veggies grown with organic practices
- THE CHEESE PEOPLE: *NEW! a variety of super tasty cheeses that will knock your socks off
- MARKS FARM: lovely seasonal veggies, eggs, beefalo, pork
- LA BAGUETTE: *NEW (to the Wednesday market!); fine french baking including boules, madeleines, sweet and savory items, baguettes and gluten free chocolate chip cookies!
- STONE HEARTH BAKERY: pepperoni rolls, cinnamon buns, wheat, sourdough, rye, you name it – lots of variety here.