By Lisa Carolin
There are two more outdoor Chelsea Farmers Markets – Saturday, Nov. 7, and next Saturday, Nov. 14.
Both markets will take place at Palmer Commons, but please be advised the hours have changed. The last two markets will run from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
You’ll find a wide variety of apples at this week’s market along with apple cider.
Sweet potatoes, potatoes, squash, peppers, onions, and more will also be available.
There will also be fresh eggs, cheese, and honey, as well as plenty of baked goods, including breads, cakes, and cookies.
You also have the choice to order online as long as you do so by 6 p.m. on Thursday at the website https://openfoodnetwork.net/chelsea-farmers-market/shop. When you pick up your order, you will be directed to the parking area and asked to stay in your vehicle and display a sign with your name on it.
Market volunteers will wear masks and observe proper social distancing while delivering orders and collecting payments from customers, which must be made with exact cash, credit care, or SNAP/DUFB.
- At the on-site market, everyone who enters the market must now wear a mask, and there are masks available for those who don’t have one.
- Vendors, volunteers, and market staff are also required to wear a mask.
- Market Manager Emily Griswold asks anyone with any sign of illness to please stay home.
- Everyone is asked to practice social distancing of 6-10 feet and not to linger.
- Shoppers are asked to follow one-way pedestrian traffic signs using one entrance and one exit.
- There will also be hand washing stations.
- Shoppers are asked not to touch or sample products, and vendors will choose and bag items.
- Anyone with questions is encouraged to go to the market’s website: https://chelseafarmersmkt.org or to check for updates on social media.