In addition to all the fun of seeing people jump into a frozen pond to benefit Special Olympics, which include a trio of brave administrators from the Chelsea District Schools, the U-M Athletic Department is holding a special auction this week leading up to the Polar Plunge at the Big House.
Principal Mike Kapolka, Assistant Principal Luman Strong and Athletic Director Jeremy Barkey are helping raise money for more than 19,000 athletes who participate in the Michigan Special Olympics. Here’s a link to their fundraising page.
The five-day auction on MGoBlue.com, which began Monday, features items from the football and basketball teams, and runs through 10 p.m. Friday, Feb. 22. Fans have the opportunity to bid on official, one-of-a-kind Michigan items from coaches Brady Hoke and John Beilein.
The Polar Plunge at the Big House will take place on Saturday, Feb. 23, at noon.
The following are the items that will be auctioned:
• One (1) Big House tour (up to 10 people) with two (2) Sugar Bowl Adidas polos
• One (1) Coach Hoke signed football
• One (1) Coach Hoke signed helmet (refurbished, standard helmet)
• Two (2) Legacy jerseys [Nos. 90 & 40]
• One (1) Coach Beilein signed basketball
• Three (3) Coach Beilein signed mini-basketballs with signed photo
• One (1) Outback Bowl jacket top and pants [size: XL]
• One (1) Sugar Bowl jacket top and pants [size: XL]
For more information about the auction, click • Auction Site.
For more information about Special Olympics, click • Special Olympics Partnership.