If you didn’t make it to the Bushel Basket Farmer’s Market Wednesday, you missed a strawberry salsa demonstration and, a chance to taste not only the yummy and easy to make salsa, but also the equally as tasty cinnamon chips.
Plus, new vendor to the Wednesday market, Kapnik Farms had strawberries for sale.
Here’s the simple recipe for the salsa from MSU Extension.
- 2 medium Granny Smith Apples
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (although this was not included in the tasting and it was plenty sweet without it)
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Peel, core and slice apples
- Cut apples into quarters, crop
- Slice strawberries
- Place fruits in bowl
- Add brown sugar and orange marmalade, mix
- Serve with cinnamon chips
A serving size is 3 tablespoons and there are only 30 calories. The salsa can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.