Beginning Tuesday, June 25, the Washtenaw County Road Commission will impose lane restrictions on 25.65 miles of roads in Sharon, Freedom, Sylvan, Lima, Lyndon, Dexter and Scio townships for chip sealing work.
These road improvements are expected to be completed by Wednesday, July 3, 2013, and all work is weather dependent.
Expect traffic delays on the roads listed below:
- Pleasant Lake Road, M-52 to Schneider Road, Sharon/Freedom Township
- Scio Church Road, M-52 to Parker Road, Sylvan/Lima Townships
- Island Lake Road, Werkner Road to Stofer Road, Lyndon Township
- Island Lake Road, Lima Center to Dancer, Dexter Township
- Werkner Road, Island Lake Road, south .95 miles, Lyndon Township
- Stofer Road, N. Territorial Road to Island Lake Road, Dexter Township
- N. Territorial Road, M-52 to Madden Road, Lyndon/Dexter Townships
- Fairway Drive, Stofer Road to Hayrake Hollow, Dexter Township
- Hay Rake Hollow, Riker Road south 1,932 feet , Dexter Township
- Jackson Road, Fletcher Road to Dino Drive, Lima/Scio Townships
The Road Commission recommends that motorists seek alternate routes, but access for adjoining property owners located within the construction zone will be maintained.To ensure the safety of road crews, motorists are asked to be especially mindful of the construction activities, including personnel and equipment, and reduce speeds accordingly, the press release states.
“During the placement of the hot asphalt, pedestrians and bicyclists should keep clear of the area; burns are possible from contact with hot asphalt,” the Road Commission advises.