A great American tradition draws near — holiday shopping!
And in Chelsea, the very popular Wine, Women and Shopping, which this year has been expanded and begins Nov. 14.
As the holiday shopping season hits full swing this year, Chelsea’s small, locally owned businesses find themselves in a unique position. The outbreak of the Coronavirus forced many small businesses to close in March. While that was devastating, the closures have led many local and loyal customers to recognize just how vital of a role these businesses play in making the community a great place to live and visit.
“We have confidence in our community to rally around the local business owners – and in return, we promise a safe and festive shopping experience. We will be featuring a variety of promotions, great gifts, and decor that will make your holiday season sparkle,” said Carolyn McNagny, owner of Bumble’s Dry Goods.
This year’s Wine, Women & Shopping event has been expanded to accommodate the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services’ capacity guidelines giving shoppers more opportunities to shop and dine safely.
Each business requires masks to be worn, enforces social distancing, and will have sanitizer readily available.
Participating merchants will be offering an array of unique items, ranging from custom-designed jewelry, Motawi tile, pottery, clothing, accessories, holiday decor, garden and outdoor decor, soap, and skincare, fresh and permanent floral arrangements, appliances, throw blankets, a boatload of new inventory, fall meal ingredients, snacks, and more.
Chelsea restaurants welcome you while you are out and about shopping. They will have featured beverages, wine, beer, and specialty cocktails, accompanied by various menu options ranging from light feasting to full lunch and dinner menus and, of course, dessert. Check out their online ordering options as well.
You are encouraged to reach out to participating merchants to learn more about what they are featuring at this link https://www.shopchelseamich.com/wine-women-shopping.
What will be happening during the days from Nov. 14 – Nov. 22?
- Saturday, Nov. 14, and Sunday, Nov. 15 – kick off the week with participating business featuring their finest holiday decor, gift items, and enjoy a meal and a glass of wine at one of the many participating restaurants.
- Monday, Nov. 16, will bring private shopping opportunities with several participating merchants who are hoping that access to private shopping will enable people most vulnerable to the coronavirus the chance to shop more safely.
- Tuesday, Nov. 17: Treat Yourself Tuesday. Stop by participating restaurants and treat yourself to Dessert and Wine
- Wednesday, Nov. 18: “Where’s Wanda?” Wine, Women & Shopping’s Wanda will be hidden in participating businesses – find her, scan the QR code and enter to win a $100 gift card.
- Thursday, Nov. 19: Late Night shopping – many businesses and restaurants will be open till 10 pm
- Friday, Nov. 20 through Sunday, Nov. 22 – enjoy the last days of the festivities – support our community of small, locally owned businesses.
Register to win a $50 gift certificate to participating merchants and a gift basket of Chelsea goodness. Each business will have a QR code that will take you to the www.shopchelseamich.com to sign up.
Chelsea Comfort Inn offers a discounted room rate of $81.75/night during the month of November – guests can book online before Nov. 8 at https://www.choicehotels.com/reservations/groups/VJ08P4.
Chelsea District Library will be giving away 30 lovely cookbooks full of incredible recipes to compliment this year’s Wine, Women, and Shopping event and to inspire holiday cooks. Each participating business will have a QR code to enter to win. https://chelseadistrictlibrary.org/
Charitable Partner – Faith In Action
Faith In Action requests unexpired non-perishable food items – tuna, chunky soups, diced tomatoes, coffee, cocoa, canned fruit, jelly, mac and cheese, hamburger helper, as well as monetary donations. FIA’s mission is providing essential support to alleviate the effects of hunger and poverty for those in the Dexter, Chelsea, and surrounding communities.
A QR code and donation baskets are located at The Find, 118 S. Main St.
Learn more by visiting Faith In Action’s Website – https://www.faithinaction1.org/.
Lastly, note that hours vary by business. You can find each of the businesses at this link https://www.shopchelseamich.com/wine-women-shopping.
And, during this holiday season, please be patient, kind, and support your local business and community.