(Chelsea Update would like to thank Lindsay Baker for the information in this story.)
SRSLY Chelsea has enjoyed a year full of accomplishments and milestones, thanks to the tremendous support the organization received from the community.
Here are the Top 5 highlights for SRSLY Chelsea in 2018:
We continue to be grateful for – and amazed by – all of our volunteers. This year, 237 youth and adult volunteers donated more than 1,700 hours. Our volunteers have given 23,000 hours since the coalition began in 2008.
- SRSLY youth traveled to Washington, D.C. to attend the National Leadership Forum. At this important event, the youth representatives trained other coalitions on the power of engaging youth in prevention work. They also attended the Youth to Youth International Conference in Columbus, Ohio, where they collaborated with youth from around the country.
- SRSLY is 10 Years Strong this year, and the group celebrated with donors, volunteers, and supporters at the historic Michigan Theater on Aug. 15.
- The Big Red Barrel continues to be a driving force in keeping our youth and community safe from the misuse of prescription medicines. The Big Red Barrel allows people to drop off unused or unwanted medications in a secure location, where it is transported by law enforcement and disposed of in an EPA-approved manner. More than 870 pounds of medication have been safely disposed of at the Chelsea Police Department’s location.
- SRSLY hosted its 10th year of SRSLY Cinema, our family-friendly outdoor movie series that takes place in downtown Chelsea each summer. And, over 600 people rang in 2018 with SRSLY at our 10th annual New Year’s Eve party.
- SRSLY looks forward to another exciting year with support from our community. You can help SRSLY continue to provide free events and programs to Chelsea youth by making a donation online today at www.giving.stjoeshealth.org/srsly.
Your gifts and support will enable SRSLY to continue this important work – in 2019 and beyond.