(Chelsea Update would like to thank Andrea Kenski for the information in this story.)
Arbor Hospice will celebrate the things we love about life during its 6th annual Savour the Journey: An Evening in Morocco fundraising event on Saturday, May 21 at 6:30 p.m. at the University of Michigan’s Biomedical Science Research Building, 109 Zina Pitcher Place, Ann Arbor.
This event will benefit The Arbor Hospice Foundation to support programs such as pediatric hospice, grief support services, complementary therapies including pet, massage and music therapies, and uncompensated care and charity care for low-income patients and their families.
The venue will be transformed into a wondrous and colorful setting for guests to enjoy a strolling dinner featuring the area’s finest chefs, restaurants and catering companies including:
- Common Grill
- Gandy Dancer
- Hello Ice Cream
- Katherine’s Catering
- The Moveable Feast
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House of Ann Arbor
- Sweet Heather Anne
- Vito’s Bakery
Guests will have the opportunity to savor fine wines while being entertained by live music and indulge in a wine pull featuring magnificent selections. The evening will also feature a live auction filled with Amazing Experiences to bid on including:
- A catered event, including beer and wine, by the Moveable Feast for up to 30 people
- Chicago Blackhawks regular season tickets with a $1,000 travel allowance
- Detroit Tigers suite tickets including a $1,250 food and beverage credit
- Private dinner and wine for eight with Chef Bill Collins at the Owen Barn including limousine transportation
- In-home dinner and wine pairings for eight provided by Chef Craig Common
- Private dinner and wine tasting for eight at Paesano in Ann Arbor
- University of Michigan football tickets including $200 for tailgate party
“Every year, the Savour the Journey event committee outdoes itself,” said Amy Cattell, development manager for The Arbor Hospice Foundation. “This year’s event promises to be exciting and elegant, while raising important funds that will allow Arbor Hospice to provide quality, compassionate end-of-life care to our patients and their families.”
Savour the Journey co-chairs, Heather Kaper and Dr. Rosalie Tocco-Bradley are the driving force behind the creativity, vision and imagination for this year’s event.
Limited individual tickets are available for $350 per person, and sponsorships begin at $3,000. To purchase Savour the Journey tickets or to become a sponsor, please contact Amy Cattell at (734) 794-5120 or [email protected].
Since Savour the Journey’s debut in May 2011, more than 1,500 guests, including the region’s top community and business leaders, have supported the work of Arbor Hospice. This event has raised more than $954,000 for Arbor Hospice programs and services.