By Lisa Carolin
The onsite Chelsea Farmers Markets begin in May – the Saturday market at Palmer Commons kicks off on May 1 and the Wednesday market, located in the parking lot of the Chelsea State Bank at the intersection of M-52 and Old US-12, starts May 5.
In the meantime, you can order online from a variety of Chelsea vendors starting today and running through Thursday at 7 p.m. Pickup is on the morning of Saturday, April 24.
How it works:
- Go to www.chelseafarmersmkt.org between 7 a.m. on Mondays and 7 p.m. on Thursdays.
- Click the big yellow “order here” button.
- Shop. You will be prompted through a check out. Be sure to hit submit to ensure your order has gone through.
- You will receive an email with confirmation of the order and instructions on where to go and when.
- Pick up your order Saturday between 10 a.m. – noon at 5 Healthy Towns Offices 14800 E. Old US-12 Highway in Chelsea.
- We are encouraging cash transactions – credit cards will be charged a $1 service fee per order to help cover the fees.
- Enjoy the bounty of your local food shed and entrepreneurs.
Stay tuned to the website or check the Facebook page for more information.
If you are interested in volunteering, please email [email protected] for more information.