Here’s a reminder of the special Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. event tonight at the new Police Building in the council chambers.
The community is invited to reaffirm a Chelsea area position on equality and human rights during a ceremony that begins at 7 p.m.
The Chelsea Police Department is at 311 S. Main St.
- 6:30 p.m.- Doors open to allow for community signing of a copy of the proclamation
- 7 p.m.- Welcoming remarks followed by students from SRSLY reading passages from Martin Lurther King, Jr.’s speeches
- 7:20 p.m.- A public reading of the proclamations
- 7:30 p.m. – Comments by community leaders
- 7:45 p.m. – Community song and wrap-up
The council chambers will be open at 6:30 p.m. so residents who would like to sign the proclamation may do so. It will then be framed and presented to the Chelsea Council for display.
Click here for the previous story.
Check out the group’s Facebook page for more details about the event.